Prayer

Saturday 29 March 2014

Tapering

The best part of training for a marathon is tapering, reducing the mileage to get rested for the big day. Last weekend I ran the Eton Dorney half marathon, just one more race I thought to get me ready mentally for London, I was pleased with the result of 1.36.29 an improvement on Reading by about 2mins 30ses, yes every second counts at this stage. The bonus,winning the female vet category. Next week will feel normal again, I will enjoy the shorter hopefully slightly quicker runs, trying to emulate at some points what it will feel like in the race. It feels surreal at the moment but gradually reality hits especially when I have my running number in my hand. I am running the London marathon again. The training is nearly over and I am so grateful to have got this far. Please sponsor me, it http://www.justgiving.com/RevJanetBinns1
makes all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment